Speducci / Spiedini / Grill Top
Speducci / Spiedini BBQ's seem to be a geographical phenomenon within the Italian community in North Toronto.
Locally, small "Spiedini's" (mini shish-kabobs) of beef, lamb and chicken are sold that are designed to fit in these barbecues.
They are a wonderful way to cook these appetizer sized kabobs.
This "Folding" one stores away in a compact size.
How they work:
• This is the "Grill Top" version.
• Place on your barbecue grill top. Utilizes the heat from your barbecue.
• The Spiedini's are placed in the slots with the sticks over hanging each side.
• The intense heat sears and cooks the meat incredibly fast. You stand on guard and twist the skewers to cook all sides evenly.
• The beauty of the design is that the meat is on the inside of the trough, above the heat and magically protecting the wood skewer so the wood doesn't burn.
Where to buy Spiedini's:
• Locally in north Toronto, many local butchers.
• Nationally, look in your freezer section for Marc Angelo
• Number of slots - 20
• Interior span for Spiedini's - 5"
• Right to left - 18 3/4"
• Depth - 8 1/4"
• Construction - Stainless steelC$23.99